Symbolic Math Toolbox™ in MATLAB provides functions for solving and plotting symbolic math equations. Users can create, run, and share symbolic math program-code using the MATLAB® Live Editor. The toolbox gives functions in common mathematical sections such as calculus, linear algebra, algebraic and ordinary differential equations, equation simplification.
Symbolic Math Toolbox enables users analytically perform differentiation, integration, simplification, transforms calculation, and equation solving. You can perform dimensional computations and conversions from SI to US unit systems. Required computations can be performed either analytically or using variable-precision arithmetic, with the results displayed in mathematical form.
There are its key features that makes it different from others;
- Symbolic integration, differentiation, transforms, and linear algebra
- Algebraic and ordinary differential equation (ODE) solver functions
- Simplification and manipulation of symbolic expressions solving
- Unit systems for specifications, conversion, and calculation using SI, US.
- analytical functions plotting in 2D and 3D .
- Symbolic expression conversion to MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape code
- Variable-precision arithmetic
The Symbolic Math Toolbox can be used in various problem solving like
- Derivatives of single-variable expressions
- Partial derivatives
- Second and higher order derivatives
- Mixed derivatives
This tool can reduce work of users in a great way by doing the calculations and in a lesser time that is required in manual solving of these problems.